- Some higher achievers in Mathematics and English will sometimes struggle with Science.
- Some children who struggle with language seem to cope better with Science.
- Concerns that may arise in Science include: behavioural issues, differentiation, conflict with other subject areas and coordinating staff.
- Solutions for concerns may include:
- Cross curriculum links to engage and excite.
- Differentiation which leads to learning being accessible for all learners,.
- Differentiating plans by science ability and not by language or mathematical ability.
- Plan practical activities that do not rely on reading and writing.
- Share planning with various members of staff.
- Gain advice and insight from any experienced Teaching Assistant’s within the setting.